Unable to render sgml to html on Debian

I did used to have this working a long time ago but i moved boxes and now
when i come back to work on it doesnt seem to work.

I downloaded and installed gnome-doc-tools and everything it depeneded on
(cygnus-stylesheets etc).

When i try to db2html a file i know works i just get the file outputed to
stdout rendered as plain text.

Before lots of errors on almost every tag the following it outputted:

input file was called gnome-stones.005.sgml -- output will be in
gnome-stones.005

working on ../gnome-stones.005.sgml
jade:/usr/lib/sgml/catalog:2:8:E: CATALOG entries cause loop
jade:../gnome-stones.005.sgml:1:69:W: cannot generate system identifier for
public text "-//GNOME//DTD DocBook PNG Variant V1.1//EN"
jade:../gnome-stones.005.sgml:4:0:E: reference to entity "ARTICLE" for which
no system identifier could be generated
jade:../gnome-stones.005.sgml:1:0: entity was defined here
jade:../gnome-stones.005.sgml:4:0:E: DTD did not contain element declaration
for document type name

I think this could be a DTD error but i'm really not sure what to do now.

Any advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated.

rob
--
Rob 'robster' Bradford
rob debianplanet org