Re: GNOME 2 tasks

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 08:12:55AM -0400, Patanjali Somayaji wrote:

> > gnome-db2html3 - Patanjali Somayaji
> >     Develop the SGML/XML->HTML engine used to convert our docs on the
> >     fly for help browser display
> Thought I'd just go into this a little further so everyone can suggest
> improvements / other ideas etc.
>
> 1. get support for sections into the xsl stylesheets so that just giving
> the document name outputs a table of contents with correct links.
>
> 2. given a section name, properly output that section of the doc, again
> with the right links.

This is great. I agree the above two are the top priorities.

> 3. Caching issues (this is not a priority for the GNOME 2 release, right
> ?)

This would be very good also. Do you need any help here?

> 4. making gnome-db2html3 an independent app (doing this would also be
> better after the GNOME 2 release ?)

There's been some discussion of pulling the converters out into their
own package of some sort so a help browser doesn't have a Nautilus
dependency. Not sure where this stands, but it shouldn't be hard
if/when the decision is made. I wouldn't worry about this right now,
though.

Cheers,

--
John Fleck