Re: Templates and Stylesheets

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 06:08:17PM -0500, Alexander Kirillov wrote:
> After DV's explanation, I changed the stylesheet so that it now uses
> canonical URI - no hardcoded paths - and added a long explanation to
> README. It should work (according to general theory of XML catalogs) and
> does work for me.

  Thanks :-) !

We should really use
   http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/html/chunk.xsl
as the canonical URL for the DocBook XSLT standard stylesheet.
  xmlcatalog /etc/xml/catalog http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/html/chunk.xsl
Is the way to test the presence of those in the catalogs. It's also
a good idea to use the --nonet option of xsltproc to be sure that there
is no other remaining non canonical URLs.

We should also define canonucal URL for the standard Gnome stylesheets
so that the same kind of layering can be done if specific applications
wants to define their own customization layers, and that they are able
to do so without hardcoded paths. Once we have a beta quality set of
stylesheet we should make sure to have those installed on gnome.org
and switch the catalog tools to search for them and make sure similary
that our stylesheets as shipped don't reference any local path anymore.

Daniel