Re: figure tagging (was: Re: GNOME Handbook of Writing Software Documentation rough draft)

Eugene-

The caption is used for a description of the image.  The title should be a
short description, but the caption can be a much longer description including
some interesting aspects of the image or naming specific preferences which
were used in order to capture the image.

I'd also like to quote the TDG on the caption tag:
	A Caption is an extended description of a MediaObject. Unlike a TextObject,
	which is an alternative to the other elements in the MediaObject, the
	Caption augments the object.

Eric Baudais