Re: Index tags and stylesheet

> On Mon, 2002-10-07 at 10:03, Eugene O'Connor wrote:
> > Do the gnome stylesheet customizations do anything with the indexing
> > tags? They don't build an index when I use them on the User Guide. Would
> > it be possible to get this working? It seems a waste to not create an
> > index when the necessary tags are all present.
> >
> > Also, do the yelp stylesheets do anything with the indexing tags? There
> > is no index for the UG in Yelp - are there any plans to generate one?
> >

> For generated html, there's a docbook parameter, "generate.index", that
> you're supposed to use - perhaps set it equal to 1? I've been
> unsuccessful in my little experiments this evening, but I'm sure someone
> else on the list has done this.
>
> For Yelp, I know Hallski had a plan for this, but don't know where it
> stands.
>
> Cheers,
> John
> --

We need to create an index.xsl file and put the file into the
/gnome-docu/gdp/xsl directory. Then we need to modify the
gnome-customization.xsl file to call in the index.xsl file. I've started off an
index.xsl file, but I don't know enough about the xsl templates to finish the
file. I've attached my starter file, someone else might be able to finish this
off.

Presumably you can switch the index generation off by modifying the
generate.index parameter in the index.xsl file to select="1".

Pat
<?xml version='1.0'?>
                version='1.0'
                xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/transitional";
                exclude-result-prefixes="#default">

<!-- Should books have an Index? 0 or 1 -->
<xsl:param name="generate.index" select="1" doc:type="boolean"/>

<!-- Should index entries be merged and collated? 0 or 1 -->
<xsl:param name="make.index.markup" select="1" doc:type="boolean"/>

<xsl:template match="TBD" mode="index">

</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>