The GNOME I18N Guide

Malcolm, is there any chance that document could be made available on
the web? I din't find any reference to it, and we get lots of request
from developers on this kind of information. It would be very handy to
just have a link to point to.

Christian
--- Begin Message ---
On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 09:20:18AM +0000, Padraig O'Briain wrote:
> I need to add support for localizable string to atk for GNOME 2.2.
>
> Does a HOW-TO document exist which describes what I need to do?

So Padraig appears to have worked out what he needs to do (from what I
can see of recent work in ATK). However, to help people doing this in
the future, I have written a document about what is required from the
developer's perspective.

It is in gnome-devel-docs/tutorials/i18n/C in GNOME CVS. If you have a
reasonably sensible Docbook setup (including the stylesheets), it should
be possible to check out the directory, change into it and then run

	mkdir html && xsltproc -o html/i18n-guide.xml

to get some html files to view.

Any comments appreciated. (Yes, there are probably some horrible
spelling mistakes in there, since aspell crashed when I was checking it.
Need to look at that later.)

Cheers,
Malcolm

--