Re: reference gnome 2.2 docs (follow up)

I can't say about "plain GNOME" - i.e., gnome built form tarballs on
gnome.org - but in Red HAt 9, the list of themes includes
Bluecurve
Crux
Grand canyon
Mist
Ocean dream
Simple
Smokey Blue
Traditional
+ accessibility  (high contrast/large print, etc)

There is no "default" - by default,  bluecurve is used in RH. None of
the themes looks really like "raleigh" (if my memory serves me right);
traditional probably comes closest.

I like bluecurve and would suggest it as the default theme - especially
since many users use RH and this is the default theme they see. On the
other hand, Bluecurve  is RH copyright and not freely redistributable,
so it is not included in plain  GNOME and not every distro has it.  My
second choice would be Crux. Other opinions?

Sasha