Re: Informations

First, the best place to ask questions about GNOME are forums on
gnomedesktop.org - this list is for questions related to GNOME
*documentation*.

But a short answer is as follows: forget about gnome 2.3.0 tarballs -
this is for experts. If you have any GUI installed, go to main
menu->System settings->Add/remove applications. Select group "Gnome
desktop environment" and follow prompts.

Another way is to get newer version of gnome desktop from Ximian: Ximian
desktop 2, just released. It is GNOME 2.2.1 (or is it 2.2.2?) with quite
a few patches and contains some improvements over the version included
in RH9. See http://ximian.com/products/desktop/
for details. But beware: the download is *large*, and the mirrors are
overloaded right now - it'll get better in several days.

Sasha