Re: Problems porting gnome 1 docs to gnome 2

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 09:53, Edwin Young wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm finally porting my app (not before time, I hear you say) to Gnome 2.
> I mostly have the documentation working, but have 2 problems:
>
> 1) When I launch the documentation browser, it prints
>
> warning: failed to load external entity
> "/usr/share/gnome/help/gnofract4d/C/gnofract4d.xml is not installed"
>
> The file mentioned *is* installed, and the help browser then proceeds to
> display it without any visible problems. Any guesses?

Do you install the omf file? usually if you have a docs file named as
docs.xml, then you also have a omf file named docs-C.xml for C locale,
the docs-C.xml file will be installed in `/usr/share/omf` (default
configure) and processed by the scrollkeeper.

the Makefile for processing omf file is called omf.make in most of GNOME
packages, so you can find it in any gnome packages.

There is a problem for these omf.make file if you use GNU/Linux:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-doc-list/2003-October/msg00013.html

You won't see the warning in yelp 2.4.0.

> 2) I have a <caution> note in the docs. When I browse to the page
> containing that, the help browser says:

It should be stored in

/usr/share/sgml/docbook/yelp/docbook/images/caution.png

once you installed yelp (at least for 2.2.0 and 2.4.0 as far as I know)

You might try download the yelp and untar and file the image in the
source tree.