Glines manual changes

Suggested changes to the glines manual in gnome-games-2.6.0.1-2 in
Fedora Core 2:

BEFORE:

Glines, is the Gnome port of the once popular Windows game called
Color Lines The game's objective is to align as often as possible five
balls or more of the same color causing them to disappear, play as
long as possible, and be #1 in the High Scores.

AFTER:

Glines is the Gnome port of the once popular Windows game called Color
Lines.  The game's objective is to eliminate balls by lining up five
balls or more of the same color, play as long as possible, and be
ranked #1 in the High Scores.

JUSTIFICATION:

The comma after "Glines" is extraneous.

A missing period was added after "Color Lines".

Shortened the second sentence.

BEFORE:

To run Glines, select Glines from the Games submenu of the Main Menu,
or type glines on the command line.

Glines is included in the GNOME-games package, which is part of the
GNOME desktop environment. This document describes version 2.6 of
Glines.

AFTER:

To run Glines, select Glines from the Games submenu of the Main Menu,
or type glines on the command line.

Glines is included in the gnome-games package, which is part of the
GNOME desktop environment. This document describes version 2.6 of
Glines.

JUSTIFICATION:

While I am not familiar with GDP policy on this point, I have *never*
seen the GNOME Games software collection packaged under the name
"GNOME-games" -- only "gnome-games".

BEFORE:

Glines is easy to play. At startup, you find yourself with five balls
randomly positioned on the board. Each turn, you are allowed to move
one ball. You can move it up or down, left or right, or any
combination of the previously mentioned directions, any number of
squares. After your move, the computer drops three balls, again at
random positions. You can preview the color of the balls to be dropped
in the upper right corner of the application's window. If you manage
to align five balls of the same color, they disappear and you are
given an extra move before more balls drop.

AFTER:

Glines is easy to play. After starting Glines, you find yourself with
five balls randomly positioned on the board. Each turn, you are
allowed to move one ball. You can move it in any length sequence of
up, down, left and right. After your move, the computer drops three
balls, again at random positions. You can preview the color of the
balls to be dropped in the upper right corner of the application's
window. If you manage to align five balls of the same color, they
disappear and you are given an extra move before more balls drop.

JUSTIFICATION:

"Startup" may be confused with the startup of the entire computer.

"Any combination", at least to me, appears to be the synthesis of any
two of "up", "down", "left", and "right".  I confused "any
combination" with "any diagonal".

BEFORE:

Each theme consists of a single PNG image file. This image consists of
an array of seven rows, corresponding to the different ball colors,
and four columns each of which is a frame in the animation of the
ball. The actual size of the image is irrelevant, it will be rescaled,
but the sub-images must form a four by seven grid to get the correct
effect. When using SVG remember that the image size is the page size,
if your grid does not fill the page try shrinking the page size. Use
an existing theme as a guide.

AFTER:

Each theme consists of a single PNG image file. This image consists of
an array of 7 rows, corresponding to the different ball colors, and
four columns each of which is a frame in the animation of the ball.
The actual size of the image is irrelevant, as it will be rescaled.
The sub-images must form a 4-by-7 grid to get the correct effect.
When using SVG remember that the image size is the page size.  If your
grid does not fill the page, try shrinking the page size. Use an
existing theme as a guide.

JUSTIFICATION:

A few commas were replaced with periods; the sentences containing
these commas had been run-on.

Because "four by seven" is a term describing the grid, it should be
hyphenated.

Because multiple numbers are being used in conjunction with each
other, numerals should be used instead of being spelled out (I am less
sure about the first instance of "seven" -- the dimensions should be
numerical, though).

********

I'd like to thank all you folks on the GDP.  I hadn't realized that
GNOME had acquired good, useful documention somewhere along the line,
and it's starting to look quite nice.

It would be kind of neat if GDP policy allowed submitting CVS diffs to
the xml files (and probably less work for the maintainers).  I'm
really more used to dealing with mailing in CVS diffs from hacking on
code.  :-)

Any respondents, I'd appreciate a CC:.

--
Best of luck,