Re: State of the OMF effort

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 23:04, Sander Vesik wrote:
> Alexander Winston wrote:
> > On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 18:40, Ismael Olea wrote:
> >
> >>	Hi!
> >>
> >>	What is the state of the OMF effor? I'm revisiting the URL and finding
> >>that the  http://www.ibiblio.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi link does not exist
> >>anymore.
> >>
> >>	We are here thinking about the possibility of writing a revision of the
> >>OMF specification. What do you think about this?
> >

> > I think that we're getting rid of ScrollKeeper and OMF in 2.7.x/2.8.x.
> > Not sure, though.
>
> What would these be replaced with?

There's been some discussion on xdg-list of a system based around
.desktop-like files that Shaun has been proposing. Search the archives
for November/December. It has not gone much beyond discussion of
possibilities yet and some proof-of-concept code is required to evaluate
it further.

I think it's highly premature to say we will be replacing scrollkeeper
yet, since the new solution is unproven. Rather, alternatives are being
considered (as they always are).

Malcolm