From a Newbie: Modem Lights

I don't understand whether I, a Linux beginner, am permitted to write with a question
about configuring Modem Lights.

Please direct me to a source of help. Thank you.

My problem:  I have managed to configure Modem Lights so that "it works."

But it doesn't quite work the way the Help manual describes.

The vertical bar with a round "light" blinks yellow/dark green while connecting
Well and Good.

But, tho' it does connect just fine to the internet, the round light does not
change to a bright green continuously on light.

Please instruct me as to how to modify the display so that it behaves
in the default way.

Many thanks.

W.H. Ferguson
Flagler Beach, FL