Re: Problems with Yelp??

On Sun, 2004-11-28 at 12:35 +0100, Soren Hauberg wrote:
> Hi Everybody
> I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but here goes...
> (if it's not please don't kill me :) )
>
> I'm trying to convert the Octave documentation to docbook in order to
> use Yelp from within Octave. So far I have some things working but I'm
> having two problems:
>
> 1) I get quite a bit of FIXME's when I display the document in Yelp.
> Does this mean that I've done something wrong or just that Yelp doesn't
> implement all of docbook? Anyway, how do I get rid of those damn things
> :-) ?

That happens when Yelp encounters bits of DocBook it doesn't understand.
That those FIXMEs, red text and all, ever appeared in a stable build is
really stupid, and it's entirely my fault.

> 2) I have some links in the documentation and they only kinda work. Example:
> I have a link from one sect2 to another sect2, but when I click on it,
> I'm taken to the sect1 that contains the sect2 the link was refering to.
> Did that just make a little bit sense? (english isn't my first language).
> Anyway, is this a bug or I'm I just not good at writing docbook?

Yelp doesn't make a page for every subsection.  It should load the page
and then scroll to the right location.  However, Yelp only has varying
degrees of success at scrolling to anchors, depending on which version
you're using.

The good news is that both of these issues are gone on HEAD.  The bad
news is that there are plenty of new problems.

I'd really love to see your work on this.  If you could stop by on IRC
some time, I could look over your DocBook to see how Yelp can better
handle it.

--
Shaun