Re: My Introduction

Manish Chakravarty wrote:

I would like to write docs for GNOME apps. I use
Ubuntu 5.10 as my primary OS, and there are lots of
apps in the default install whose documentation is
pretty bad....
The link you gave shows the 2.12 user guide...
Is this the place to write docs for GNOME apps, or do
i have to conatact the individual developer of the
applications...

The user guide is a generic manual for using GNOME
that is (or has been in the past) targeted towards new
users.

If you want to contribute to the documentation for
applications, then the best thing to do is to check
out the module from CVS and start making changes to
the docbook file.  Then create a patch, attach it to
a bug in bugzilla for that product, and then send out
an email to this list.  That way you will than likely
get someone's attention who will review the patch and
commit it if they think the documentation is worthy.

However before you start making changes it might be a
good idea to subscribe to the list for that particular
product, and make a request for comments regarding
any additional information that might be included in
the docs.

Hope this helps,

--
Brent Smith <gnome nextreality net>