Re: Not showing (was: Re: First translation, please check me)

On 02/02/2006, at 12:44 AM, Yavor Doganov wrote:

At Wed, 1 Feb 2006 16:24:32 +1030,
Clytie Siddall wrote:

Is there something I didn't do?

At first glance, add "vi" to the line DOC_LINGUAS in docs/Makefile.am.

Thanks, Yavor, that's a different file from the one to which I have to add my language when an application is first translated.

It is always a good idea to see if it compiles cleanly.  What I
noticed is that the last string is not in the required format (NAME
<EMAIL>, YEAR1, YEAR2); it was certainly breaking the build before.

Yes, I missed that. Usually, I just input the name of our group and the email address, since the year is always in the header.

I've only translated it in one year so far. Do I need to input it twice?

I don't run Gnome (Mac OSX), so I can't test my translations. My team- leader gives me feedback, when he has time, as do users.

It would certainly help if I could make sure the build would work, so they could test it. But I don't want to compile builds on my system which I won't use. I don't have the room. And, although I can build packages when it's really necessary, it's a difficult task for me nowadays, so I avoid it whenever possible, as I have very limited concentration, and want to use it as effectively as possible.

This probably doesn't make me the optimal translator, but, unfortunately, I'm the only active Vietnamese translator, so my best is all we have.