Re: What's the plan for the user guide?

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-doc-list/2005-October/msg00014.html

http://www.tldp.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/html/index.html
> > I would agree that the GFDL is just not meant for
> the task we are using
> > it for.
> >
> In this case I would be interested to see an
> alternative. Perhaps
> debian-legal could make up a Debian Documentation
> License for this.
> I think this mail,

> puts the situation in perspective.
> The thread there is quite active.

...and so we're back in the quagmire.
We're going to be stuck debating the number of angels
on pins like Golgafrinchams for weeks now.

It was just a passing comment I made about the GFDL.
Whether or not Shaun plans to move away from GFDL, it
won't happen for a while. It's not the most important
thing and it's not the issue I wanted to raise.

The 2.14 release is coming up. I'd like GNOME users to
have documentation that 1) reflects their current
system, and 2) doesn't suck.
I think both are feasible, but we have to get moving.

wasted -- if we do have to rewrite from scratch on
day, we can just take a diff from the last SUN
revision and take that as a starting point, filling in
the gaps. Frankly, if we lose material like the "To
Show and Hide File Browser Window Component" section
in the Nautilus docs I won't be sorry. It's clearly
been written by robots.

Sorry if I'm ranting, but I've been around on this
list for a few months now and the movement is
geological. There's a widely spread opinion that FOSS
development is fast and stuff gets fixed quickly. Load
of tosh.