Underlining (was: Re: Spicing up stylesheets)

Again, sorry I didn't reply to these sooner.

On 12/02/2006, at 7:56 AM, Shaun McCance wrote:

What about using the CSS content-before method to
place a link icon before each link? That's fairly
simple. We can even get fancy and indicate web URLs
and emails etc.

It's a (*)cute trick, but I (*)don't think it
creates for very (*)readable documents, with
all those (*)images interspersed throughout.
It makes it (*)difficult to follow the flow
of the (*)material.

Yes, I've noticed, when writing wiki articles, that once you have more than one or two external links in a paragraph, the icons are distracting and get in the way.