Re: Avoiding the name of an application in Menus?

On 17/02/2006, at 11:04 PM, Joachim Noreiko wrote:

I would recommend the initial window, at least, of
each app containing:

Menu name - App. name

so with File-Roller, you select Archive Manager and
get a window titled:

Archive Manager - File Roller

Is that workable?

Or 'File Roller Archive Manager', 'Gedit Text Editor',
which is more readable in English. But each language
should be free to invert the order to suit.

It's something I've been thinking of raising on the
Usability list for some time. Feel free to beat me to
it :)

I'm not on that list, and have too many to manage already, Joachim, so please do raise it, including my text if that is useful. This is definitely an internationalization issue as well as a general usability one.