Re: Calling all documentation writers

http://live.gnome.org/DocumentationProject_2fUserGuide
> and there's
> still a lot of work to be done, although not
> terribly complicated
> (like configuring desktop options).
>
> Since I'm already using 2.13.91 (Ubuntu Dapper),
> would it be
> preferable to grab the sources from cvs (if there is
> one) or can I
> work in the wiki now? The wiki route would be faster
> for sure.

http://live.gnome.org/DocumentationProject_2fUserGuide
was the start of a plan to rewrite the entire User
Guide from scratch on the wiki never really took off.
It's now really just a notepad area, and you shouldn't
take gaps in that as being things that need to be
written.

You can use that page to write new sections, but refer
to the tasks list to see what needs doing:
http://live.gnome.org/DocumentationProject_2fTasks

For example, if you wanted to tackle writing a section
on hidden files in Nautilus, you could just create a
new wiki page -- say
DocumentationProject/UserGuide/HiddenFiles -- and work
there, then let me know when it's done and I can take
the text, mark it up as DocBook and commit to CVS. Or
you could attach plain text or simple docbook to this
list, or submit a patch.
More details here:
http://live.gnome.org/DocumentationProject_2fSubmittingDocumentation

hope that's cleared things up a little :)