Re: Documentation for next cycle

On Sun, 2006-07-02 at 16:29 -0600, Brent Smith wrote:

> > Are developers supposed to let us know once major UI
> > changes have been committed?
> >

> There is no process that I am aware of regarding major UI changes,
> except during UI Freeze.  I would welcome any discussion regarding this.
> The trick is to integrate this with the release process so that there is
> not that much extra time/resources spent by the developer, otherwise
> nobody is going to do it.

http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointThirteen/ReleaseNotes
http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointFifteen/ReleaseNotes
All major changes are supposed to be documented in these pages at
feature-freeze time.  Doing it before is probably not as helpful as
things may be changed, or removed, or turned off before then.  Also,
people have a habit of keeping personal copies of work and applying it
just before feature-freeze (at least, I'm guilty of that ;) ).  From the
2.13 release notes, only really a few projects are actually adding their
new stuff, and often in cryptic and difficult-to-understand ways.

Don