Re: Documentation for next cycle

> > > * Autostart spec  - Rodrigo Moya is a good contact
> > for this
> > > (spec is here:
> >
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Standards_2fautostart_2dspec)
> > >

> Looks way too advanced for me!

Hmm, seems understandable... It looks like the help would be really
easy : "place desktop file <here> and it will autostart...". I don't
think an admin needs to know anything about this spec, it's more of
interest to desktop developers.

A user can use this feature via the "session preference tool" (which
follows the spec), so an admin can exploit it with sabayon. The only
exception would be having an autostart for all users, by putting it in
the /ets/xdg/autostart directory, but I suppose you can achieve this
with sabayon profiles... it may even  be recommended to use sabayon
rather than have the admin prodding about in the filesystem...

There is the autostart of removable media that may need explaining to
admins however.

I am totally unfamiliar with the admin guide, but by scanning over it it
looks line this may need to be put in a new section.

> > Also, Matthew East has pointed out that there is no
> > printing
> > documentation in bug 346395
>
> I can add a brief mention of where to find the
> Printers window.
> But there is currently no way for the user to get help
> from the Printer window itself. I'd like some sort of
> indication that the maintainer of that is willing and
> able to add a Help menu item to link to new
> documentation before we write it.
> I am still feeling stung by my work on the GTK fileselector.

Perhaps I could propose a patch to add a help button, this probably
implies adding GDU also, I'm learning to do this currently for another
project.

We have documentation for the file selector but no help button ? I
suppose that is because it is GTK... Could we not patch the GTK we
distribute as part of the GNOME Platform to have a help button ? Maybe
we could ask the GTK people to accept a "GNOME support" config option ?

Love, Karderio