Re: Documentation for next cycle

Hi :o)

On Sun, 2006-07-09 at 18:52 -0700, Ryan Paul wrote:
> I just finished rewriting the Ataxx documentation. I streamlined a lot
> of it and made it task-oriented rather than an overview of the menus and
> preference dialog. I used the structure of the gnome-terminal
> documentation as inspiration. I hope that I didn't screw up too
> badly. ;-)
>
> I would appreciate some feedback. I plan on writing it in docbook format
> next if the content is fine.
>
> http://live.gnome.org/DocumentationProject/AttaxDocumentation#preview

Super ! Can't see anything that would need changing, looks great !

DocBook conversion would be excellent :o) In case you are not yet
familiar with the procedure of getting you changes into CVS, you just
need to file a bug against attax for the doc component, with your patch
attached.

If you are able to handle working with DocBook and would like to
continue contributing for the other gnome-games apps you could probably
do all your work directly in DocBook, rather than having to go through
the wiki.

For converting this to docbook, you would probably be best going off
what is already written, at least to reuse the headers etc.
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-games/gataxx/help/C/gataxx.xml?rev=1.12&view=markup

The only thing that might force change on the attax docs that I can see
is if their organisation wold be incoherent with the other gnome-games
docs after rewrite. It seems very possible that the other docs could be
organised similarly to the attax docs though, and you may even have
foreseen this anyhow ;)

Love, Karderio