Re: GDP volunteering

Hi Pete

Glad to see you want to help out.  The best bet for helping out would be
to grab one of the help documents and update it ;)  A lot of the docs
are a bit out of date just now, so there is plenty to do.

A list of what people are working on currently can be found at:
http://live.gnome.org/DocumentationProject/Team
(Not sure how up-to-date it is though).  Once you got something you want
to work on, add your name to the page (and probably best contact the
maintainers of the module, let them know you want to help out with the
docs).

If you've any questions (or if you just want to chat), you can normally
find someone in #docs on irc.gimp.org.  If not, you can always ask on
this mailing list.

Also, it's probably best to have an up-to-date version of GNOME running
(2.14 is the latest stable).  If you're comfortable compiling yourself,
you can get the latest CVS version using jhbuild:
http://live.gnome.org/Jhbuild
http://live.gnome.org/JhbuildOnUbuntu
Otherwise, 2.14 should be okay to work from.

For various other bits of info, check out:
http://live.gnome.org/DocumentationProject/Join
which has a few links worth checking out.

Thanks
Don