Re: Nautilus: string/UI freeze approval request

Am Sonntag, den 12.03.2006, 17:30 +0000 schrieb Joachim Noreiko:
> --- Joachim Noreiko <jnoreiko yahoo com> wrote:
>

> > --- Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org> wrote:
> >
> > > The attached patch adds support to Nautilus for
> > > ejecting unmounting
> > > volumes from within the target directory. It was
> > > already approved by
> > > Alexander Larsson [1], and requires string and UI
> > > freeze breakage
> > > approval.
> > >
> > > Proposed modifications
> > >  * Add new UI items for
> > > mounting/ejecting/unmounting/formatting volumes,
> > > marked for translation, displayed in the file
> > menu,
> > > background context
> > > and location button/label context menu if
> > > applicable.
> > >  * Reorder tree view context menu "Properties" and
> > > "Unmount" entries to
> > > fit to with the newly-introduced order. Alexander
> > is
> > > concerned that this
> > > may invalidate previously taken screenshots.
> >
> > The User Guide's screenshots are horribly out of
> > date.
> > So I'm not too concerned about that: on behalf of
> > the
> > docs team I'll approve.
> > I don't think we'll be providing a screenshot of a
> > menu anyway, as it's something the user can easily
> > see
> > for themselves.
> >
> > However, I would appreciate a screenshot to be sent
> > the docs list for reference, as we don't all have
> > access to a recent build.
> > Could you explain the term 'target directory'
> > please?
>
> I never got this, and this was sort of a condition of
> my approval for freeze break.

That's why it wasn't committed. Besides, Danilo wasn't particularly
happy with the new strings. We're in hard code freeze now, and this is a
new feature, so it will have to wait until 2.16.
Thanks for requesting clarification, though.

--
Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>