Re: Request for volunteers to update docs

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Joachim Noreiko wrote:
--- Andreas Røsdal <andrearo pvv ntnu no> wrote:
There have been several changes to gnome-games what
will require changes
to the documentation, so it would be very helpful if
someone on the GDP
would volunteer to update the documentation.

- glChess and Gnome Sudoku have been added. glChess
in particular needs
to have new documentation written for it.

I'll take a look at these.

Great!

I'm still on Ubuntu 5.06 Dapper, but I'll be upgrading
to 5.10 Edgy soon. (I'll have a go running directly
from CVS, but I might not be able to.) Do you know if
there's been much change in these games since?

There have been some minor changes to these games. It's also possible that the games will be changed and improved further during the 2.17.x cycle.

Have they already been added to the GNOME CVS?

The games have already been added to GNOME CVS, and will be included in gnome-games 2.17.2.

Do the maintainers of these games want patches for
user docs, or is it ok for the docs team to commit
directly?

I see no problem with the doc team commiting updates directly to all gnome-games. Some of the games really need updated documentation. What does the others think about this?

- Network multiplayer has been added to three games,
and needs to be
ducomented.

I'll probably leave this to someone who can compile
from source. Which games, by the way?

Iagno, Gnect and Gnibbles. glChess also has network on it's todo list.

 - Andreas