Screen Recordings...

Can we use animated gif's in the yelp and online documentation?
I would love to volunteer my time making screen recordings with byzanz and post them to the site.  I could even manage and help audit the gifs to make sure they are of a higher quality.  (Correct size, easy to read fonts, nothing off standard.)
I could create all the recordings and other what not.
What do you think?  I think it would greatly improve the quality of the all ready wonderful documentation.

--
Jason Brower
Gmail has over 2.7gb of storage space and it is growing?