Re: Possible UI Freeze Break in Clearlooks

Shaun McCance wrote:
On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 22:24 +0000, Thomas Wood wrote:
The latest release of gtk-engines (2.9.3) has a new checkbox style for ticked checkboxes. It uses a cross rather than a tick mark to indicate an activated checkbox.

My question is, does this break the UI freeze as the screenshots, in documentation might be affected. Does this change need to be reverted in order to have consistent documentation?

I'd say it's a pretty substantial UI change.  Any number
of screenshots in any of our documents could be affected
by this change.

Can I ask why this change was made?  Check marks are pretty
much standard check box markers on most platforms.

I think you mean tick marks ;-)

Andrea thought this style was more usable - it being bolder and more visual. I CC'd him on this e-mail in case he wants to explain more.

There have been a few other (what I would consider) minor changes, such as refinement of the arrow shapes, and even smaller changes with the gradients in buttons etc. What is the documentation team's opinion on such changes with regard to the various freezes in the GNOME schedule?

Regards,

Thomas