Re: Frequent desktop-help builds?

Hi,

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 9:44 AM, Paul Cutler <pcutler gnome org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-08-03 at 21:57 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
>> Am Dienstag, den 03.08.2010, 16:51 +0100 schrieb Phil Bull:
>> > Yes, it's there because we can give new contributors commit access to
>> > the gitorious branch without giving them access to the whole of GNOME
>> > git.
>>
>> Maybe it's time to rethink and investigate efforts needed for a more
>> fine-grained access concept in GNOME Git so we don't need such
>> workarounds. However I don't know who to contact for this.

We are using gitolite hooks in one git server I am managing. It's
great and allows all types of branch permissions restrictions. You
don't even need shell access, since all the configuration is done in a
special git repository, to which only the proper people has access to,
and this repository has hooks on post-receive so they do the changes
in the configuration for you. II have not used gitolite wiht LDAP, but
it seems it's possible, and it is probably a good starting point.

The only caveat I have found is that it is easy to screw the config
file if you are not careful when editing it.

Greets

José