Re: Bootstrapping tutorial

Hi,

Johannes Schmid wrote:
>> Perhaps someone would like to update devtools based on his tutorial?
>>
> Lennart? You? Mine was first ;)

I wouldn't know how (seriously!) I guess git clone + "learn some subset
of docbook" is a start. But there again... that's a higher barrier than
I'd like to have. How about if I propose a patch to the text, and
someone (you?) does the docbook stuff?

> Basically, this needs people who can test this and I could only for
> Fedora. And we really don't like people using the command line so "yum
> something" is not an option.

You'll notice that Lennart's only does Fedora too for the devtools bit.
We need others to help fill gaps.

> Actually, we would like to have developer.gnome.org the starting page
> for anyone (not the wiki) so I would be great to have any other tutorial
> based on the d.g.o revamp and preferably available on library.gnome.org.
> Maybe you can update your other GCI tasks to use mallard and the
> gnome-devel-docs module.

I'm perfectly happy to point people to the wiki as a way to draft docs,
and then have them migrate to dev.gnome.org, but being able to easily
update docs & get first contributions in the wiki is a powerful feature.
Not everyone has a commit bit to GNOME GIT :)

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary