Re: UI freeze break request: App picker

On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 7:44 PM, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
Can we get some screenshots of the pagination and a description of
any particular behaviors?

Sure, I'm attaching two screenshots.

The first one shows the "All" section of the app picker without an
open app collection. As seen in that screenshot, the scrolled view has
been replaced with pages (icons are never cut off at the bottom, the
scrollbar on the right has been replaced with a pages indicator),
though scrolling through the application list (using the scroll wheel
or swiping the background) still works as it did in 3.8.

The second one shows the same section with an open app collection. In
contrast to 3.8, collections now open inline, and their grid is
aligned with the icons of the main grid.

What are those various other changes and improvements?

Carlos is probably in a better position to elaborate on this, but
there are some clear improvements on smaller display sizes - while
previously we ended up with a very small number of huge icons, items
are now scaled to always display a reasonable minimum number of items
(for now: 4x4). Also folder collections now work well with those
displays, while in 3.8 they could end up being misplaced and cropped.

Florian