Re: Old manual versions that lack licenses

On Mon, 2015-01-19 at 22:17 -0500, Richard Stallman wrote:
  > The rewritten version is at https://help.gnome.org/users/baobab/3.14/
  > and licensed as CC by-sa.

It's not good for a GNU manual converted to a non-GNU license.

  > The GNOME Desktop System Administration Guide is in the same
  > situation, with oldest version as GFDL and available here:
  >   https://help.gnome.org/admin/system-admin-guide/2.32/index-info.html
  > and newest version as CC by-sa and online here:
  >   https://help.gnome.org/admin/system-admin-guide/3.14/

It looks like this is a systematic trend, and it might get worse.n
Do you know who is responsible?  What can we do about it?

The reasons for CC-BY-SA as default are given on
https://wiki.gnome.org/DocumentationProject/Guide/Licensing

Cheers,
andre
--