Re: [team-gnome-gr] Request to use UTF-8 for gnulib translation

Resending after subscribing.
On 31.03.2012 04:14, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:
Hello, all.
I'm currently switching GRUB to use gnulib translation for gnulib parts
instead of reimporting the strings into grub domain (this will be merged
after 2.00).
However GRUB currently considers all the .po/.mo as UTF-8 independently
of header. Implementing latin1 is easy but other encoding require tables
and I'd rather avoid it, especially the large CJK tables for code and
maintaining reasons. Would it possible to convert the gnulib files to UTF-8?
It's enough to:

msgconv -t UTF-8 -o gnulib_converted.po gnulib.po

and reupload.

Thanks in advance

P.S: If any of your teams wants to convert all of your domains to UTF-8
I can supply the list of files which still use legacy encoding and
scripts to convert automatically

Ευχαριστώ πολύ

--
Regards