Re: [gnome-flashback] Metacity

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 8:20 PM, Dmitry Shachnev <mitya57 ubuntu com> wrote:
Hi Alberts,

On Thu, 1 Jan 2015 23:10:16 +0200, Alberts Muktupāvels wrote:
> mutter has switched to GTK+ for window decoration drawing and has
> completely removed support for metacity themes.
>
> I have created wip/gtk-theme branch to use GTK+ theme in metacity. Please
> help with testing!

I have tested your branch with Adwaita (GTK+ and Metacity themes) and Ambiance
(Metacity theme), and it works as expected.

Thanks! But there will be some changes:
1) I won't use two new keys - use-metacity-theme and theme in schemas, but only one - theme. If theme will be empty then it will use gtk+ theme otherwise metacity. Currently theme default is Adwaita, but there is no Adwaita theme for metacity anymore in gnome-themes-standard.
2) I might not use draggable-border-width preference in settings. I am thinking about reading them from GTK+ theme and adding new option for metacity themes.

Also draggable borders does not work currently.

I get lots of warnings like this in stderr that have ui/theme.c in the stack
trace, but not sure if that is related to recent changes:

  g_object_ref: assertion 'object->ref_count > 0' failed
  g_object_unref: assertion 'object->ref_count > 0' failed

The stack trace for the first occurance of warning is attached.

I think this was GTK+ problem. Rebuild GTK+  from master and warnings should disappear.

--
Alberts Muktupāvels