Re: [gnome-flashback] gnome-sessions on Ubuntu 15.10+

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 7:04 PM, Eugene San <eugenesan gmail com> wrote:
Actually x2go starts DE as described in .desktop file, but using hardcoded values.
I believe once the 653327 is fixed we could switch to fetching DE parameters from .desktop file.

That bug does not prevent to read DesktopNames from .desktop file. For better compatibility x2go could read DesktopNames and use it to set XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP. In case DesktopNames are missing then fallback to
hardcoded values.

Regarding gmenu issue we discussed earlier.
It appears there are 2 versions of gmenu in Ubuntu repos (gnome-menus and gnome-menus2).
gnome-menus seems to be ok, gnome-panel::menu using it without any issues.
gnome-menus2 is indeed broken due to multi-value XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP.
Seems like gnome-menu2 is a fork of gnome-menus (v3.0.1) and was revived to support python2/gtk2 based packages.

Well then someone needs to backport fix (I have no time to do it...). Anyway this means that this is not GNOME-Flashback specific issue, same problem will be in GNOME Classic where XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP is GNOME-Classic:GNOME.

Maybe it is time to port applications to python3/gtk3?