Re: Standard fonts.

>1. the bitch about X fonts isn't really the fonts - X handles scalable
>fonts quite ok. its the API to drawing fontsthat sux, the font
>specification method and the lack fo alpha channelling leading to lack
>of anti-aliasing. Get the freefont and sharefont packs from sunsit and
>u'll fund a pile of scaleable fonts - you can even install standard
>Type1 fonts and use them... I do.

The point is that GNOME needs to come with some standard fonts, and yes,
perhaps we should graphically generate the fonts if that's the only way
we're going to get antialiased large type.  That's what Enlightenment
appears to do for a good deal of text, no?

I can't bear to think of screenshots as ugly as some I've seen...most users
aren't going to be savvy enough to install their own quality fonts.