Re: RGSG

>> What can we say DEFINITIVELY goes into Program?
>
>I think About would fit well in the Program/foot menu. Likewise Help,
unless help has its own menu. To be consistent, Exit should go in the
Program/foot menu as well.

About?  Like I said, this is an expert level setting.  Most users really
like having a help menu.

>This is shaping up really well: The Program/foot menu is for app-wide
commands, the File menu is for document-wide commands, the Edit menu is for
commands that operate on the selection.

I actually *like* the idea of preferences(rarely used app commands) being
shoved into the gnomeprint.  Options should have its own menu though--these
are things the app author expects to be twiddled frequently.  What I don't
want to see is the Miniprint become a *replacement* for File, because it
really has no business dealing with it.  I also *really* don't want to see
File become replaced with a mess of possible options, for, among ALLLLL the
other reasons,

KEYBOARD CONSISTENCY.

In windows, I hit alt-F to open the file menu, then O to go to open, and hit
enter.  Works pretty well.  (Not perfect, but it works.)  Suppose the file
menu was *always* something different.  OK, Session, now it's alt-s and then
O.  How bout documents, now it's alt-d and then O.  How bout graphic, now
it's alt-g and than O.  Starcraft has this bug, it's awful.

By the way, my suggestion for keyboard interfacing is *always* access by
first letter--it's just, if you're trying to access the second menu entry
that begins with f, press f twice.  It ends up quicker.