Re: gnomeprint idea

Chris Jantzen <chris@maybe.net> wrote:
> What about putting the gnomeprint on the far right. With Help just to
> the left? I like the idea particularly of the gnomeprint being
> generated by GNOME and having "emergency/global" features. Force Quit

you're FAR away from the original idea there. I don't like this "gnome"
menu. we already have a window manager surrounding the app with stuff of his
own, we really don't need another layer there.

the original idea was to put app-wide stuff into a menu of it's own. the
logical location for this menu, according to hierarchy, is the left. that
leads to the problems outlined in the ibm research. one possible solution is
to make a non-standard menu like a foot-button out of it.

why don't we go and test that idea before we start deconstructing it?

> sounds so right to me....
>
> Program | File | Edit ........ Help | 8'
>
> [or somesuch, I'm on a tmfkap trip right now, but File would work just
> as well for me...]

this is YET another thing, because as far as I understood, the intention was
to make the former "Program" menu the foot one. everyone go and read the
current (3) draft of the RSG, it's explained in there.

		-- Henry Spencer