Re: Proposal, and about icons in the path

>I agree that the filesystem layout is consistent and logical, but it's still
>confusing, because it isn't self-documenting. I'm tired of looking at a file
>and not knowing what it is. "var" and "usr" don't even look like English
>words to me. So I suppose my real gripe is less with the organization of
>files as with the names of files. IMO all file names should be in my
>language.

First time I meet a English guy that do not likes abrevs. ;]
I believed English was the languaje of abreviatures and acronyms.
And then, he wants local names, too much for one day. ;]

If this is accepted, please take care not to have Windows problems.
Installers (or any other program) try to place thing in "Program Files" if
program is English and in "Archivos de Programa" if Spanish. Result? FS
becomes really untidy. So a global DB for this kind of things is a must.
"Foo dir in X languaje is Y, in Z is W" etc.

If you do not understand usr (user) or var (variable), maybe you should not
be there. My native languaje is other but I can "expand" near all dir names
in the tree faster.

At least, due to "total" control over my machine I will be able to set
variables so all look consistent. In other words, all English, not patriotic
but last time I tried a Spanish config I got a weird msg: "Error del
servidor: broken pipe" cos translation was partial... no thanks, I do not
care about "br" commands either (remove = borrar), nor "para" loops in
SpanishC (for).

All I need is ISO support inside docs to write my papers. Menus and the rest
of things can be any languaje (English? Spanish?).

GSR