Re: To Desktop or Not To Desktop

Dan Kaminsky <effugas@best.com> wrote:
> Like the subject says.  We *know* users use the desktop alot to organize
> launches, place files, etc.
>
> Do we integrate this functionality?  And do we encourage this functionality?

to me, the obvious answer is as follows. it might not be as obvious to you,
but that's what we are here for. :)

provide functionality: yes. we must. users will simply expect it because
they're used to it.

encourae: no. it's one hell of a mess and we really shouldn't encourage it.

--
The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be broken.