Re: fundamentals of the gnome user interface

"Jan" == Jan Gentsch <gentsch@ifm.uni-hamburg.de> writes:

Jan> I am not sure whether a system of compliancy levels is a good
Jan> idea.

I tend to agree with this sentiment.  Absent a showing that they're
truly needed, having multiple levels merely complicates the standard
without significant benefit.  I think that the "MUST/SHOULD/MAY"
terminology of RFC 2119 offers sufficient flexibility in specifying
levels of compliance, and again suggest that the standard expressed in
that document be used on this project.

As an aside, I think this project is spending way too much time
deciding on how to decide things.