Re: Menus

http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/mac/HIGuidelines/HIGuidelines-2.html

>  I'm REALLY hope that gnome style guide will be not based on apple human
>  interface guidelines nor on windows style guide or some other style guide.
>  You could use Mac OS or Windows if this is what you really want. Of course
>  some ideas from apple style guide will be borrowed as well as some ideas from
>  Windows style guide but GNOME style guide should be self-describing thing and
>  not just modification of apple style guide for *nix ...

The GNOME User Interface Guidelines are meant to be self-contained.  I
am using the Apple HIG as a basis because it is a very nicely written
document, and because the Apple people have really put effort into
making their stuff usable.  At this point, it is not within GNOME's
scope to design a completely new user interface, and it is a bad idea
to do so anyways.  So we are basing our work on existing user
interfaces.

Now.  Can we please end the "Menus" thread?  It has contributed
absolutely nothing to the purposes of the UI Guidelines.

  Federico