Re: intelligent dialogs

gavin hurley wrote:

> Up 'til now, Gnome (and most Gnome apps) seem to be following the Microsoft
> style of dialog design. This is unfortunate because there is another style,
> well exemplified by Macintosh, that seems clearly better. Actually, it's not
> so much that the Mac style is better as that the Microsoft style is bad.

Quick note on one thing they HAVEN'T been doing that all dialogs on the MS
side DO do:

Keyboard shortcuts!

Not very many days go by when I curse the Gnome dialogs for not letting me
type Y N C (or esc).  Perhaps, in addition to making the dialog buttons
self-explanitory, we should allow the definition of one letter keyboard
shortcuts (perhaps by prefixing a letter with the amphersand) so that people
don't need to go and use their mice to get things done.

--
    www.kuro5hin.org -- technology and culture, from the trenches.