Re: GNOME panel has disappeared ...

Hi,

	Since we're talking about this, I'll describe a
similar problem I used to encounter.

	I've been running Linux for a few months on an
almost-full HD. Each time the last available bits were written,
Netscape would lose rack of its mail history, and the Gnome
panels would disappear. I think the disk usage prevented saving
of the panel state : the Gnome panel was still here, but was
absolutely empty. In case you wonder, empty arrowless panels
are one or two pixel wide, with a 15-20 pixel length, so
they're almost impossible to spot unless you know where to look
for. And since empty is a valid state, it is saved so
restarting panel is useless.

	So I do agree that's a Gnome GUI problem : empty
arrowless panels should be made bigger, if you don't want to see
them you shouldn't lanch them, but if lanched they should be
easy to spot in all situations. I don't really see the point
of an « invisible » widjet.

--
Nicolas