Re: scroll bar and drop down list usability

Ben FrantzDale wrote:
> I've long thought that it'd be nice if my linux apps [scrolled] with
> the middle mouse button. The problem, of course, is that middle
> button==paste. Obviously some windows can't be pated into but for input
> windows I suspect this could be avoided by canceling the paste action if the
> mouse is pushed more than x amount.

It's a shame that xterm popularized paste for the middle button. If we
had pie menus (and gesture events) the right button could easily support
both copy and paste. Anyways, IMHO it's better to follow C-C and C-V
keyboard conventions and free up the middle mouse for scrolling
operations. (But I'm right handed and can hit C-V while still holding
the mouse. What do the left handed people do?)

- Ken