Re: Document Centricity in GNOME [LONG]

famrom@idecnet.com (Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero) writes:

> >> What about VNC?
> >Well, VNC would do it, but it also allows other things to view it.
> >And the security of VNC against other connections seems limited (a
>
> VNC security could be enhanced, using port filtering. And IIRC you can run
> it via ssh too.

Port filtering isn't the solution.  (Oh, yes, you now need root to
make your sandbox safe?)  Besides, it would only keep you safe from
other machines, not the machine you're on.  SSH is basically the same
problem... all ssh would do is allow you to redirect ports so that you
can connect to it.

Personally, I'd rather see Xnest fixed to run all apps (which is a
generally useful thing, because Xnest rocks for debugging).

182 days, 14 hours, 46 minutes, 26 seconds till we run away.
"I am Donahue of Borg. Go ahead and assimilate, caller...  You there?"