Re: developer.gnome.org website

Hi,

On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Marius Andreiana wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> In a recent email, Miguel was asking for a web helper
> for gnome-ui website.

I'd be very happy to help, with whatever has to be done with the gnome-ui
website (or the gnome website if you want :-))

> I've also talked on irc in #gnome-ui with some folks.
> Ideally all site structure will be in a xml file;
> content will remain in separate files, like now.

I really liked it, good job ;-) Just one suggestion...

> I can do a script (in php) which generates HTML from this xml file
> and content (already started).

... have you considered using Zope? I've seen that it's already used in
GNOME news so it's nothing new. For what I've used it it seems very
appropiate for the GNOME website, and specially for what you are
proposing. The latest versions (2.0 and up, I believe) have good support
for XML and it's improving. It is also very easy to learn and to manage,
it can handle version control and multiple levels of undo. (I promise I
have nothing to do with Zope, it's just that I think it's a nice piece
of sw :-))

Maybe using it could make it easier to implement your proposal, without
having to write our own scripts.

> Please tell me your opinions/suggestions and if you agree with this,
> so I can continue.
>

> --
> Marius Andreiana

See you,