RE: User interface suggestions

The recently used would be of benefit, because if I just found a new feature
I'm unlikely to recall its location.  Thus if I need to use it again, I'll
end up doing the same process of hunting it down again, thus the cost of
checking the 'recently used' bar is minimal.  (Older items might not even
expire, they might just move down a grouping in the 'freshness dating' thus
used this week, used last week, used a month ago... etc. With say some upper
limit.)  An item would only go in the recently used if it was not in the
frequently used section.  Frequently used would only have the 'search
penalty' the first use, or in the case that it no longer was frequently used
(intermittently used?), in which case it could be moved back to the recently
used, but with a freshness dating equal to its last usage.

I think that adding items directly to the frequently used has more benefit
than autogeneration, but I think the recently used would be of great
benefit.  The amount of functionality that any particular user will utilize
is fairly small, so if they go through the effort of finding a function
once, chances are, it will be used by them again.  If the time frame between
use is longer than a week, then chances are they will have to go through the
discovery process again, which is highly time consuming, but the recently
used would almost guarantee that the item would be shallow thus likely
saving the user time.

Tom M.
TomM pentstar com