Re: User interface suggestions

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Blad, John Erling wrote:

> The main problem with this approach are that boldface not only
> signals "this is important" but also "this is a header". The last
> one could trigger a lot of havoc if it is interpreted as an entry
> into something else.

I think that, in the context of the menus, the bold highlight isn't still
used, so we can implement the suggestion... but if you prefer, we can
highlight with many other innovative ways (fontcolors, background colors,
fonttypes, movement, sound, ... :).

> It also don't solve the real problem because you *know* where the
> item is when you use it often.

Yes, but I think it's helpful, it helps you to *remember* easier and
quicker :).

> If you could generate a hint where
> a seldom used feature is located ..

Yes, in addition to the highlighting menus... a fastbar or similar?

> As a "speed feature" I would suggest moving items from submenus
> up to the root drop-down menu and put them in as the last itemns
> in the menus. That don't disturbs the established menu order.

I agree, in addition to all other points... The system must have all
facilities that users can think of and use.

> If the user needs greater speed than this he should move the items
> into a toolbar. What if he was able to drag the menu items stright
> into the toolbar?

Perfect :). I like all commented ideas, they could be implemented. Tnx

								Adrián