Recent Files

	Today I was pondering the uselessness of the Recent Files menu in
Win9x (with it being full of files I barely recognize and still not having the
.mdb I opened just 2 hours ago) and I began to think there might be some
utility in the idea if it were implemented differently -- perhaps with a
separate list for each app that subscribes to the recent files concept.  Since
many of the gnome apps already keep track of their own recent files it may not
be too difficult to extend the idea to this. The first derivative that came to
mind was to have a list of files appear as though it were a sub-menu of the
application's entry in the panel menu (some distinction should be made to
prevent people from confusing it with a real sub-menu).  The other idea was to
simply put them in the right-click context menu.
	The question is, basically, is this a decent idea or is my laziness
overriding my sense of reason?  And if it is reasonable, does anyone have any
suggestions to improve the concept before I start looking at the code for
feasibility?

dan