Re: Testing & A Suggestion :)

Unfortunately, some Gnome decisions have been more political than reasoned ...
but that's to be expected (if not accepted).

We (the Gnome community) should stop re-writing programs that already exist
under free licenses (that's one of the main reasons Gnome was started, right?)
and work on such issues as good UI design (pervasively) and the debugging and
support of existing applications.

Eterm doesn't look like a Gnome app -- it doesn't use Gtk+ or know about the
session manager (that I'm aware of), but it could, and it wouldn't be hard to
submit those patches ...

... incidentally, why don't I have the X equivalent of "screen" yet?  I log in
at work to a server and immediately type "screen -r" to resume the apps I was
using the day before ... but I come home and log into my Gnome session and
have to restart everything ... !!! :-(

--
Michael T. Babcock (PGP: 0xBE6C1895)
http://www.fibrespeed.net/~mbabcock/